Do you want to get your research and expertise on US politics and society out to a wider audience? The Conversation, a news site that publishes articles written by academic experts and edited by journalists, is looking for academics to contribute to its US election coverage.
We generally publish 800-word op-eds, and everyone who writes for them has final signoff on any edits made to their work. Both timely, news-hooked responses and more contextual pieces are very welcome; everyone who’s interested, from all disciplines, should get in touch with ideas.
Key themes include:
– Explainers on the political process and key social/policy issues
– Cultural and social background and context pieces
– Historical parallels with previous events, elections and leaders
– Race, class and gender inequality
– Anything specific to particular states or regions of the US
– Anyone who will be spending time in the US this year and can write dispatches from there
To express your interest, drop a line to Andrew Naughtie (andrew.naughtie@