The Department of English Literature at the University of Reading is looking to appoint a Lecturer in Literature in English. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching and research in one or more of the following specialisms: race and literature; postcolonial writing; Caribbean/North American writing; writing in an Atlantic or hemispheric perspective. This permanent, full-time post will involve all aspects of academic employment, including teaching, examining, administration, research and publication of assessable outputs, cultural outreach and impact activity.
You will have:
- A track record of high-quality research publications suitable for submission to REF2021.
- Appropriate higher educational qualifications.
- Experience of teaching at university level in a relevant area.
- Collaborative skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- The willingness and ability to contribute to outreach and recruitment activities.
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of Department
Contact name: Peter Stoneley
Contact phone: 0118 378 5095
Contact email: email@example.com.
Closing date: 06/10/2017
Interviews to be held: 25/10/2017