We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a Lecturer in English (American Literature). The person appointed will have a proven record of teaching, research and publication, appropriate to career stage, and will have a demonstrable expertise in American Literature. The appointee will be expected to make a strong contribution to the general teaching programme of the Department and undertake teaching duties on the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students. An opportunity exists for the person appointed to introduce American Literature as a core element of the undergraduate English degree at Maynooth University and to work with colleagues in developing new MA provision which will include American Literature.
The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile that supports the University’s research strategy including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline;
- A strong academic record in teaching and research;
- A record of scholarly work and publication of international quality, demonstrating potential to become a significant contributor in their field;
- Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, programme development and academic innovation;
- Experience supervising graduate research students;
- Experience of, and commitment to, working in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Good administrative, organisational, teamwork and communication skills.
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see the Maynooth University vacancies page at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies